The Society provides any form of help that alleviates suffering or deprivation and promotes human dignity and personal integrity in all their dimensions.
We help in the local community by:
- Supporting local families under stress
- Providing material assistance to those in need – transport, food, clothing, furniture and white-wear
- Visiting people in their homes
- Running a network of centres to support people in need
- Visiting people in prison and hospital
- Offering support and friendship
- Involving youth and young people in Vinnies work
- Providing budget counselling
- Organising foodbanks
- Running mobile food services to the community and schools
- Supporting migrants to adjust to life in a new land
- Assisting with disaster recovery
Contact: Refer to OUR SHOPS for contact details.
If you require food support and you live in Auckland, Hamilton or Christchurch please click one of the links below.
"No form of help is foreign to the Society. This includes any form of help that alleviates suffering or deprivation and promotes human dignity and personal integrity in all their dimensions."
Rule 1.3 of the Society