The St. Joseph Vinnies are made up of a group of 14 committed and enthusiastic young people who give up their lunchtime each Monday to be involved in Vinnies activities.
This year their activities have included:
- Working with the Waimea MenzShed to produce wooden hand-held crosses for the people in the Hospice. The Vinnies decorated these and applied lavender oil to assist with patients' breathing;
- Holding a food drive for Loaves and Fishes, a soup kitchen serving meals to people in need;
- Making and decorating placemats for Meals-on-Wheels recipients;
- Creating a talking book resource for people who are blind locally and nationally;
- A couple of the Vinnies were also involved in a community recycling project to create a bench and pizza oven at Victory Community Gardens.
The Vinnies spent time learning about the history of the Society through watching the DVD, 'No Time Like Now.'